Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 5: Simply "Amazing"!


This was the most amazing week during by whole work placement! Not because it was our county’s national day and we had the 2 days off (Sunday and Monday), but because we were moved to the purchasing & contract section, which was under Mr. Rashid el suwaidi’s supervision.

I went there on Tuesday with Mr.saad who introduced me to him and told him that I will be spending the rest of this week in his department. Mr. Rashid welcomed me in his division and personally taught me everything! He made me sit on his desk, watched over me, and toke me through everything step by step, he explained everything so clearly and made me do almost 35 bills and applications on my own! With him standing right their!  He also quizzed me to make sure that am following with him. During that week, I worked revenue in the morning, and by 10:30 or 11 AM, I used to go to Mr. Rashid's section to work there.

Mr. Rashid is a very organized person; everything in his section is categorized according to something! He taught me how to be organized myself; he started teaching us by words, then showed us an example in real, and finally asked us to try it out by ourselves, then he asked his assistant Mr. Tariq to give us the whole file and to watch us step by step.

 During these 3 days, I learned how to do a large part of the important things in the purchasing & contract section. Now, when someone with a bill walks in, I can easily help him and do the procedures on my own.  We decide to ask Mr.Saad if we could spend more time in this section next week since there is more and now things to learn, hopefully, he will agree and we will be able to spend more time in purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment